Mohamed El-Moctar Shinqiti
Professor of Political Thought at Qatar University
Professor of political thought at Qatar University. He got his Ph.D. in history of religion from Texas Tech University, USA. His academic interests include philosophy of religion, religious reformation, political philosophy and religious sectarianism.
Among his books in Arabic:
(1) The Constitutional Crisis of Islamic Civilization;
(2) Political Discords among the Prophets’ Companions.
(3) Political Fatwas: Conversations on Religion and Politics;
(4) The Best Muslim Minds in the Twentieth Century;
(5) A Philosopher of the Holy Qur’an: Muhammad Abd Allah Draz, His Life and Achievements.
(6) Wounds of the Soul (a poetic collection).
And among his works in English:
(1) “The Crusades’ Impact on Sunni-Shi’a Relations (Ph.D. dissertation);
(2) “A Painful Quest for God: the Pre-conversion Moment of Augustine and Al-Ghazali”;
(3) “Early American Perceptions of Muslims”;
(4) “Slaves of Allah: Early African Muslims in America.”
Most of his books were translated and published in Turkish Language. Some were translated into Persian, Urdu, Malay, Albanian, Bosnian, English, French, Kurkish, Amhari, Tamil.